Friday, July 2, 2010

Countdown: zero!

Today is the day!

I'm nervous and excited. I'm afraid I won't be ready in time (and clearly this blog posting is helping with that...) And I still have to do some quick shopping and pack.

We fly out at 6pm and arrive in Lilongwe just before midnight (Central African Time). Then it'll be a long bus-ride down to Blantyre. So it'll be a good few days of solid travel.

There is a six-hour time difference (from Ontario) so however that works out for everyone in Canada -- well, you're all smart.

I'll post again as soon as I get a chance, if only to say that I'm alive.

Wish me well!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you've arrived safe (via Facebook). Looking forward to hearing about your adventures in Malawi and mefloquine-fuelled crazy dreams (if applicable)! If you find time, I highly recommend getting a bus to Dar Es Salaam in Tanzania and then ferrying over to Zanzibar (although that lake in between Malawi and Tanz might be trouble). One of the coolest places on earth. And I've seen everything.

    ReplyDelete