Sunday, August 1, 2010

Patrick's Pizza

I have been craving cheese since my first week in Malawi. It's a rare commodity in our home and although it is surprisingly easy to find at the supermarket, it's rather expensive.

Because luxuries like cheese are not built into our food budget, a couple of days ago I sprang K1,500 (10.71 CAD) for a few blocks of creamy, delicious, amazing cheddar cheese. And so, we made pizza.

Patrick (our incredible cook who I will tell you more about later) and I made pizza from scratch. Rather than describing the process, check out these photos.













































I know that making pizza isn't exactly blog-worthy for my fellow Canadians but it is when you eat beans/peas and rice every night in Malawi and all you want to do is bite into a huge block of mozzarella.

Now, please step away from your computer and go eat some cheese.

2 comments:

  1. You just made me want cheese... and Pizza. DAMN YOU HEATHER!!!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's totally blog-worthy for those of us who haven't eaten breakfast this morning. Mm pizza breakfast.

    ReplyDelete